Dream collaborations?

Pretty self-explanatory
25to12

Dream collaborations?

Post by 25to12 »

There may well have been a thread made like this in the past. If there has, sorry in advance - I haven't been back here in a while :P

Anyway, the Man Elvis Costello's collaborated with a hell of a lot of folks as we all know, but who would you love to see him do a gig, a tune or even an album with that he hasn't already worked with?

Personally, I'd give anything to see him write and sing a few songs with Chris Hillman.
...the cost of living in sin would make a poor man out of Paul Getty...
bronxapostle

Re: Dream collaborations?

Post by bronxapostle »

wow...good one SCAMP! funny, just yesterday i was thinking POCO. can't you hear E belting out A GOOD FEELIN' TO KNOW. but, my main one lately is ELLIOTT MURPHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jeremy Dylan

Post by Jeremy Dylan »

He and Ben Folds would be an interesting mix.
jardine

Post by jardine »

after just listening to mait and the extra cd, john sebastian
the_platypus

Post by the_platypus »

Tom Waits.

I want them to start a band called Old Men in Hats.
Jack of All Parades

Post by Jack of All Parades »

There is only one combination I would welcome at this time- EC's recent one off concert with Nick Lowe. I would welcome a tour featuring just the two of them or a small band backing each that would trade off on their extensive catalogs. As a twist, I would love to see them agree to give a considerable portion of the proceeds to local charities in each community that they performed in. Just a thought.
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'
Neil.

Post by Neil. »

This is totally not in the spirit of the question, being 'who that he HASN'T already worked with', but...

I would like him to do a whole album with Macca - some duets, some where the other is just backing. A rough, warm, soulful album. I think their voices fitted so well on the demos for Flowers in the Dirt, but the songs weren't quite up to scratch - they fluffed it with the studio versions, but now I think they could both really do something... BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE. Paul's voice is starting to get ragged - Elvis's surely can't hold out all that much longer (though it was still pretty damn amazing only months ago in his solo gigs).

Other than Macca... Hmmm... Bowie would be good. Dylan. Basically, he's up there (and surpasses) these, so it'd be great if he could do something with either of 'em! As he is the best, he might as well work with the almost-as-good-as.
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

An album and tour with The Roots (this is a dream thread, right?).
MOJO

Post by MOJO »

I'm still waiting to hear - live - April 5th with Rosanne Cash. Too bad it didn't go down at Hardly Strictly... It should have happened!