first EVER full SUGARCANES concert RED BANK, NJ

Pretty self-explanatory
bronxapostle

first EVER full SUGARCANES concert RED BANK, NJ

Post by bronxapostle »

will soon be uploaded from doc. this was the FIRST EVER FULL CONCERT by the band on June 9, 2009 at the COUNT BASIE THEATRE in RED BANK, NJ. i had an usual taping dilemma that cost me the first half of the opening song, but the rest of the set is fully there and very good sounding. when doc gets a chance, after his first love of VIDEO, he will announce the upload here. :D

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... 9_Red_Bank
docinwestchester

Re: first EVER full SUGARCANES concert RED BANK, NJ

Post by docinwestchester »

On Dime:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=364647

(The video archivist was "guilted" into getting this uploaded ASAP)
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

sorry doc...gotta crack the whip sometimes!!! there's still a lot of ba recordings we must share!! :D :D thanks from all of us!
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Doc wrote
Don't let BA bully you, just because there are several hundred people around the world all desperately waiting for any new EC shows !! :lol: :lol:
Thanks once again to you both for another stellar performance and recording.
strangerinthehouse

Post by strangerinthehouse »

I've been waiting to hear this since the setlist was made public. It's one of the few shows where he played "Stranger In The House" (one of my all-time favorites - hence the name) with the Sugarcanes. I've been wondering what that sounded like ever since.

Thanks a lot BA and Doc, looking forward to hearing it.
And you try so hard
to be like the big boys
@shellacandvinyl
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

sulky lad wrote:Doc wrote
Don't let BA bully you, just because there are several hundred people around the world all desperately waiting for any new EC shows !! :lol: :lol:
Thanks once again to you both for another stellar performance and recording.
did you like the recording sulky? i actually haven't listened in nearly two years, but i recall it having a nice sound. now doc....i awoke this morning 5:30 a.m. and noticed you had upped it overnight. it's 4:30 p.m. now. so by my reckoning in it's sixteen or so hours; IT'S GOT 54 SNATCHES!!! when was your last video seen by this many this quickly? :P :P :P tho i've seen better with some of our other shows, this is pretty impressive i think for Canes. thanks for your work, NOW LET'S GIVE THE PEOPLE MORE! 8)
docinwestchester

bronxapostle wrote:IT'S GOT 54 SNATCHES!!! when was your last video seen by this many this quickly? :P :P :P )
I've got this video of EC singing Penny Lane at the White House. It's been viewed 133,137 times since it was uploaded about 350 days ago. Doing the long division, that's about 380 views per day. It ain't no Lady Gaga, but that's a lot of eyeballs. While I love uploading new bootlegs, and the music is what matters, for sure, it can't compare to the power of video when it comes to widespread dissemination.

In the meantime, Uriah Heep, here we come...(I may need help with the setlist)
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

i saw PENNY LANE live first time televised!!! it was GREAT! JUST LIKE YOUR VIDEO CHANNEL!!!! keep up the good work. i LOVE the way you compile EC vids!
i always forget you can't read the setlist from the cds. sorry! ELVIS should do EASY LIVIN'....can i get an AMEN from the HEEP fans here?

I'm Ready
Return to Fantasy
Stealin'
Rainbow Demon
Money Talk
Nail on the Head
The Wizard
Into the Wild
Gypsy
Look At Yourself
Kiss of Freedom
July Morning
Lady In Black
Encore:
Free'N' Easy
Bird of Prey
Easy Livin

oh and you'll want to "re-track" the tape flip during GYPSY as i did that trick where new track begins at flip.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

BA wrote
did you like the recording sulky?
Just burning it now for listening to on the train to work tomorrow. loved the setlist, that wonderful blend of bluegrass/country/rockabilly . How come you kept it such a secret, BA ? Usually you've got it out before most people have got home from the concert !! :lol:
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

well, losing the first half song irritated me; then the following night at the Beacon, i got a real good recording, but someone upped theirs at dime before i got mine to doc. (NATURALLY, I LIKE MINE BETTER!!!) should we up that one as well??? another classic night, getting yelled at by an usherette that if i was taping i would be thrown out, and still denying it while NOT ruining the recording or even hearing the exchange at all. i'm a wizard!!!!
docinwestchester

"Mike S" strikes again!:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=364647

DO you REALLY think the sound is GOOD ??? I couldn't even listen to an entire MP3 sample,all the way through. Its 2011.. maybe Im a freak but can you honestly tell me that you can stomach listening to that poor quality for an hour or so at a time, and ENJOY it ??

Why in the world would you waist your time. I would just pick another from the 1,000's of great Costello shows available to all of us. There are tons of soundboards,FM rips, and high quality audience recorded.

If Bob Dylan or Bruce walked on stage ,I could understand the significance of bothering to post this show...but why ? so we have everything if that is the case then I propose an HONEST rating system for this board.

Mike S
New Jersey

WHAT AN ASSHOLE! My reponse is done. Feel free to argue with this tool.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

here's my little retort...i think it makes good sense

hey Mike...if you think the "ONLY RECORDING" of any given show has NO value, then no offense, you are simply NOT a diehard boot collector! yes, for a fanatic, we want that show that appears to be nothing, but is ALWAYS something. whether it's a one-off song performance, a really good night, or a show we ourselves attended. i never pretend to have soundboard quality recordings. i always say, a little souvenir, recalling the night, with a listenable memory, and me still enjoying the show with my low maintenance Sony. play it loud and enjoy: NO CHARGE!!!

why doc...has Mike sang this sad song before about good old Sony?
docinwestchester

bronxapostle wrote: why doc...has Mike sang this sad song before about good old Sony?
Not directly aimed at Sony, but just rude. From the "hadmyway" version of the Chicago Revolver show:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=362453

I really appreciate this one. The other recordings from this tour have been poor at - best !

thanks

MikeS
NJ
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

I think my views about recordings of concerts is pretty well known by now and it's the response of MikeS that make me feel ambivalent towards dime where there seem to be an especially large number of patrons who denigrate the efforts of those of us to make available our recordings available widely. As you said, BA, if the lineage suggest it's not the quality one would want, then why bother to alter your ratio by downloading it and then complain about it ?? If you're an avid collector, then I would suggest any recording is better than none and you (don't) "pays your money and takes your choice !"
Once I've no doubt said before, I'm always eternally grateful to those who risk losing equipment and their seat for the sake of providing a permanent record for those of us who can't be there at a given performance.
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

Mike S" strikes again!

I have no doubt what the "S" stands for.

Find myself remembering one of my favourite numbers from Mighty Like a Rose. think we all know which one.

Yours in astonishment and anger..

Colin Top Balcony
docinwestchester

sulky lad wrote: ...dime where there seem to be an especially large number of patrons who denigrate the efforts of those of us to make available our recordings available widely
Not true from my experience. Most Dimers are very grateful for the embarrassment of riches that is on that tracker. I feel like a kid in a candy store every time I look at that list. Guys like Mike S are the exception, fortunately.