Every Little Thing She Does is Magic outtake from Spectacle

Pretty self-explanatory
SoulForHire

Every Little Thing She Does is Magic outtake from Spectacle

Post by SoulForHire »

Ok. So I was going through my hard drives last night seeing what I had. I found an audience recording of the Spectacle show featuring the Police. Overall, the recording is not that great for many reasons. However, the one portion of the show that is particularly listenable is EC doing Every Little Thing She Does is Magic.

I am sort of new to this forum. Has an audience recording of this Spectacle show every surfaced? If not, would there be any interest in getting the clip of ELTSDIM out there? If so, I will need someone to help me edit the MP3s that I have. Believe me, I doubt that the remainder of the recording will be of much interest to anyone. The MP3 file is too large for me to email so I would have to snail mail it to someone.

Sounds like too much work for too little gain. However, I am offering it if someone wants to take the trouble. I would like to provide it to just one person and then have that file mediafired and maybe posted at the wiki.

To make it more worth the person's while, I may be getting some generally uncirculated recordings shortly. Maybe if the same person wants to put those shows up onto Dime, I can include the Spectacle audience recording with the rest of the discs.
bronxapostle

Re: Every Little Thing She Does is Magic outtake from Specta

Post by bronxapostle »

SOUL...i would do it. ANYTHING upon cassette i could work with, though i do not know what you mean about mp3???
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

It is not on a cassette. I would burn my MP3 file onto a CD and then someone would have to extract just that song into a separate file. I think the file that ELTSDIM is on is an hour long.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

i think i could figure how to do that...wasn't there MORE played that did NOT air if it is an audience recording? i wish an audience recording would surface from the BRUCE SPECTACLE night so we could hear EC doing POINT BLANK and NILS LOFGREN LIKE RAIN also!!!!
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

bronxapostle wrote:i think i could figure how to do that...wasn't there MORE played that did NOT air if it is an audience recording? i wish an audience recording would surface from the BRUCE SPECTACLE night so we could hear EC doing POINT BLANK and NILS LOFGREN LIKE RAIN also!!!!
There was a lot that was played that did not air. However, most of those outtakes do not sound very good on the recording I have, particularly the full band stuff.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

i am SURE it is BETTER than NOT having IT!!! mail it here please...i'll do what i can.
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

I figured out how to edit the MP3 so it is just the one track. However, I've gotta figure out how to share this easily. I'll figure out something. (By the way, I tweaked it a little so it does't sound too bad). Still too large to e-mail
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

This is the first time I ever tried uploading something to Mediafire. Please advise if this worked and what you think of this cover (its a WAV file).

http://www.mediafire.com/?l7b7ig87iwmzf0g

Enjoy!
ETA - I think I got it to work. Could someone post this at the wiki regarding the 8-6-08 Spectacle taping entry?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

you did GREAT robert...thanks! now, if we can only get more that was NOT broadcast please. and this here is a CLASSIC example of why analog would have been much better because the digital recording inordinately records the neighboring applause etc. thanks a million!!!
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

Thanks very much for putting this up, it sounds good!

Didn't he do a more complete version of Every Breath You Take? I got the impression that what we saw of it on the broadcast was edited down...

Dave
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

FAVEHOUR wrote:
Didn't he do a more complete version of Every Breath You Take? I got the impression that what we saw of it on the broadcast was edited down...
Sort of. After playing ELTSDIM, he played a medley or sorts of Please Stay and Every Breath You Take. If my memory serves correctly, the broadcast version picks up the tune kind of midsong as if Every Breath You Take was the main song being sung and then it appears that a little of Please Stay is thrown in, when really he was just going back to song he began with.

I do have that, but the quality is not as good as my clip of ELTSDIM, the song really didn't do it for me, and I really hate the song EBYT for the most part (though I am HUGE Police fan, which is why I have this recording to begin with). If people really really want to hear this, I suppose I can post it at some point. However, I will be going on vacation shortly, so it may be awhile.

It should be noted that The Police and EC also played Purple Haze, which was not aired. The performance is not bad, but the recording is really not very good. They also do another take of Sunshine of Your Love (also does not sound well on my recording). The other differences between the broadcast show and my recording is the interviews are extended.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

soul...please!!! it is your ECFF duty to give us ALL the music you have NOT available. we are not soundboard queens; WE JUST WANNA HEAR! thanks, ba
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

bronxapostle wrote:soul...please!!! it is your ECFF duty to give us ALL the music you have NOT available. we are not soundboard queens; WE JUST WANNA HEAR! thanks, ba
Ok. I will get around to posting the Please Stay/Every Breath clip. Regarding Purple Haze, I will see if I can do something with it, but it is pretty crappy. I guess I am just spoiled by the quality of your recordings, BA. :)
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

yeh, yeh...tell it to the Marines!!! :wink: :wink: we all know my crude recordings are just so-so, but better than nothing. which is what you need to feel when you have something that does not otherwise circulate. we want that PURPLE HAZE no matter how piss poor! thanks soul.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

"Purple Haze" is a bonus song on the season 1 DVD/Blu-ray.

I hope eventually SoulForHire can put his original MP3s up on Mediafire for those of us crazy enough to want the whole thing even in poor quality.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

thanks ANCT...have not yet acquired season two. glad to hear it is there!
fred darden

Post by fred darden »

ba, season 1, bonus stuff.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

thanks fred...SURELY you can understand; i am half-senile (a grandfather now!) and just plain SLAP HAPPY from all the tradings and downloadings and transferrings from cassettes to cds 1977-2011 etc. it would be nice to get the time to WATCH season ONE, before i acquire SEASON TWO!!! all the best, benny p.s. I NEED A SECRETARY!!!!!!
fred darden

Post by fred darden »

ba, just trying to help a brother out. wish i had the know how and gear to do what you do. still got 8 track.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

fred darden wrote:ba, just trying to help a brother out. wish i had the know how and gear to do what you do. still got 8 track.
and much appreciated...you GOTTA get modern: CASSETTE is where it's AT!!!!!!!!!!!